- Town meetings were first held in 1793 in private homes. When attendance increased, they were held on a field or a green.
- The oldest surviving house in South Woodstock may be a brick house south of the Academy, purportedly built by Warren Cottle in 1796.
- Our Library was established in 1797 as the Woodstock Social Library, and it was stored in local homes (the homeowner could have full access).
- The South Woodstock Post Office was established in 1828.
- In 1873, the North Hartland stage coach route to the rail station was established. It ran six days a week.
- In 1875, the railroad from White River Junction to Woodstock was established. It ran continuously until 1932.
- Until 1898, the Springfield stage coach route ran three times per week.
- The Chapel Society built our community church in 1839 (located across from the Academy on South Road). Ministers were provided and rotated according to the population preferences.
- The Kedron Brook had at least 13 mills on its banks, including a tannery and a distillery.